As scientific studies have now proven, getting the right amount of good quality sleep is vitally important to both our physical and mental well-being. Therefore, it is critical that you have a suitable bedding platform which will enable you to get a good night’s sleep. This should consist of a comfortable mattress and a bed frame of the same size which should support it and keep it off the floor. When you decide it is time to purchase a new bed frame, there are many options to choose from. This short article will look at the different factors in play which are the same whether you are buying a classic wooden bed frame in Malaysia or a modern metal frame in Thailand.
Bed Frame Heights & Sizes
When considering your new bed frame, the size may well be governed by whether you are also buying a new mattress; if you are, you will need to consider the size of your bedroom. Having a king-size bed is all well and good, but if it restricts the available space in the room, you would be better suited to a double or queen-sized bed frame.
Bed frames generally come in three standard heights or profiles; the frame, by keeping the mattress off the floor, prevents dust and mould while allowing air circulation and a cooler environment which promotes quality sleep. The three main profiles are –
- Standard Profile – the most common bed frame, which sits around 33 – 38 centimetres from the floor, allows some storage space.
- Low Profile – these bed frames sit closer to the floor at less than 33 centimetres, so there is less storage, but low-profile frames do make smaller rooms feel more spacious.
- High Profile – these are great for larger rooms with high ceilings and for those who need a more significant amount of storage space.
It is also easier to get out of a bed with a higher profile, so these bed frames are more suitable for people with restricted mobility.
Bed Frame Materials
Bed frames are manufactured in many different materials and designs, but the two most popular are wood and metal; both have great characteristics which are –
- Wood – wooden frames are very strong and moisture resistant; they also have a classic, aesthetically pleasing look which suits almost every type of bedroom design.
- Metal – bed frames made from this material have durability and strength while giving you fantastic value for your money; the flexibility of the material also provides a vast array of modern design choices.
By spending your money on a good quality bed frame that both supports your choice of mattress and looks good in your bedroom, you will be making an excellent investment that will give you a good night’s sleep for years.